Natural/Organic Products are the best choice for your hair, skin and the planet. The reason is because additives like sulfates strip out hair color and parabens contribite to the growth of breast cancer cells (https://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20151027/parabens-breast-cancer#1). Parabens are commonly found in products like Nivea skin cream and other popular products carried in salons, online and in grocery stores. There are many other additives (formaldehyde, gluten, denatured alcohol, artificial colors etc.) in non natural/organic products that have no benefits for your hair or skin. Therefore, it is best to stick with products that are as natural/organic as possible. Here at Studio 229 hair design and spa we do are best to find and carry natural/organic products that offer amazing results. Here are some of our choices.
Eminence Organic Skin Care
This product is natural/organic from head to toe. The company and the products are 100% green. Here is the rundown:
- Explore the award-winning Eminence Certified Organic Farm and see where certified organic ingredients grow.
- Ingredient farms in Hungary are powered by solar and wind energy
- Natural compost during planting
- Planting and harvesting is conducted manually to decrease CO2 emissions
- Use of only natural plant preservation techniques
- Our partners and farms produce natural, organic and Biodynamic® fruits and vegetables
- Products are handmade without severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect the nutritional content and potency of natural ingredients
- Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, and seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce
- Free of parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals
- All boxes are made from post-consumer recycled material and can be recycled
- Containers are made out of recycled, non-toxic plastic and are recyclable
- All packing boxes are reused or recycled
- Packing chips are made of 100% biodegradable corn that dissolves harmlessly in water
- Eco-friendly software system means less printed invoices
- Electricity usage is offset with wind power credits and solar panels on the roof
- Letterhead printed on post-consumer recycled paper using vegetable-based inks
- All paper used in the office is recycled
- Office space is designed as an eco-alternative building
TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION
- Courier company uses hybrid vehicles
- Large shipments are sent on trucks running biodiesel made from recycled household vegetable oil
- Products are shipped by air with Lufthansa – the leading airline in the fight against climate change
- 92% of employees walk, bike or take public transit to work
GREEN SPA PROGRAM
FORESTS FOR THE FUTURE
- We plant a tree for every product sold through Forests for the Future
- Eminence Organic Skin Care is proud to be a Certified B Corporation®. B Corps are a new type of company that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
- B Corp™ certification is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or LEED certification for a building. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
We love Eminence products and they are priced very well. With face washes priced at $38 and moisturizers priced between $48-$72 it is affordable for most people. We are also offering Eminence at a 20% discount for the holidays! We just placed another order because we are having a hard time keeping these amazing products on the shelf. We do special orders if need be so please feel free to place any order with us and shipping is free.
Neuma Natural Hair Products
Neuma’s tag line is, healthier hair, world, you. They pride themselves on Zero synthetic fragrance, phthalates, isothiazolinones, sulfates, parabens, bromides, sodium chloride, soy, aluminum compounds, glycols, ureas, formaldehyde donors. Here are some of the reasons why……
Soy…More than 90% of soy produced in the U.S. is genetically modified and the crops are sprayed with herbicides which may be associated with adverse health effects.
Formaldehyde…Biocide, denaturant and preservative. Known carcinogen causing allergic, irritant and contact dermatitis, headaches and chronic fatigue. Vapor is extremely irritating to the eyes, nose and throat. Listed by skin deep as a level 10 hazard.
Synthetic Fragrance… the word fragrance indicates the presence of any of over 5,000 known chemical substances including phthalates. Only 1,500 have been tested for safety. Over 850 are known to be toxic or carcinogenic. Public disclosure of chemical used in fragrance is protected by the”Federal trade secrets” act and is the best place to hide additional objectionable chemicals. Skin Deep list Fragrance as a Level 8 Hazard.
Here is the whole list printed from Neuma:
The thing we here love most about Neuma products is that they are natural. The other things that we love is that they lather well, smell great, work by giving the hair great body, shine and are priced well. This product is very nice in comparison to other professional products and we are very happy we brought it into the salon. Here is a photo of the Neuma line at Studio 229 Hair Design and Spa:
Sojourn Natural Hair Care Products
Sojourn is a nice line of Natural hair care products that caters to people who a conscious about what type of chemicals that they put on their hair. Of course, like Neuma, they don’t use parabens, synthetic fragrances etc. We here at Studio 229 have had this product on our shelves for several years and really enjoy the line. It is my favorite hair spray and I use their leave on conditioner on everybody before I cut their hair. You really cannot go wrong with this line. There claim to fame is that the product balances out the PH of your hair. I have found this to be true. Although I have no way to measure the ph of my hair, it does feel soft and luxurious after several shampoos and conditions of using this product line. This is why we continue to use this line year after year. Natural, with consistent results is all anyone can ask for in a professional hair care line.
The point is it is always a good idea to pay attention to the ingredients in the products that you put on your body. We at Studio 229 will make sure that all of the products that we sell to you are safe for you, your family and the planet. We promise to do our best to research every product line and make the best informed decision possible.